Wednesday, August 23, 2017

T5W: Books from Before You Joined

Top 5 Wednesday is a great Goodreads group with a new topic each week. Check out my original post for more information!

This weeks topic for Top 5 Wednesday is Books from Before you Joined________. These are some of your favorite books from before you joined the online book community, whether that be booktube, goodreads, blogs, bookstagram, twitter, tumblr, etc.


1. Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling – This is a given. I have grown up with Harry Potter. The first book, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone was published in 1997 when I was 9. I remember reading each book as they were published. I grew with the characters and have very fond memories reading them. Then, going to every movie with my dad when they came out in theaters. Even the last few when I was moved out of the house, we made it a date to go together.


2. 1984 by George Orwell – This was a required reading in high-school. I think I've re-read the book 3 or 4 times since then.


3. Percy Jackson Series by Rick Riordan – I loved Rick’s first books in the world with Camp Half-Blood. I didn’t join the book community until 2013 and not actively until the past year or so.


4. Twilight Series by Stephanie Meyer – I have to say these books and the House of Night series got me back into reading after college destroyed my love for it.


5. Berenstain Bears by Stan and Jan Berenstain – Yes, these were my favorite children's books. I think we had them all! I loved reading these with my sister and brother. We used to play school and I read them as a teacher.

What is on your list? Comment below!



No comments:

Post a Comment