Monday, July 30, 2018

O.W.Ls - Magical Readathon Wrap-Up

Hello friends. I was completely late to the party with the #magiacalreadathn hosted by BookRoast. If you don't know what I am talking about check out this YouTube video explaining the event that was hosted in April 2018. I didn't hear about it until the middle of June and decided I would participate in order to take my N.E.W.T.S. in August with everyone else. 

That being said, I was able to sit and finish 11 of the 12 classes for the O.W.L.S. Here is my wrap-up:

Ancient Runes - A book with a symbol on the cover
     Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda - Becky Albertalli
Arithmacy - Read a book with a number on the cover or in the title
     I've Got Your Number - Sophie Kinsella
Astronomy - Read a science fiction book
     Thunder Head - Neal Shusterman
Care of Magical Creatures - A book that includes magical creatures
     The Keeper - David Baldacci
Charms- Read a fantasy book
     Accidental Thief - C.J. Davis
Defense Against the Dark Arts - Read a book about a club or secret society
     Beauty Queens - Libba Bray
Divination - Read a book featuring a prophecy
     Salt & Storm - Kendall Kulper
Herbology - Read a book with a nature related word in the title
     Storm - Gupreet Kaur Sidhu
History of Magic - Read a historical fiction
     Invention of Hugo Cabret - Brian Selznick
Muggle Studies - Read a non-fiction book
     The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up - Marie Kondo
Potions - Read a book with/about alchemy
     Accidental Warrior (DNF as of end of July)
Transfiguration - Read a book with transfiguration/shape-shifting or a book with a cat on the cover
     Upside-Down Magic - Sarah Mylnowski

Grading Scale:
O (outstanding) = sit and read at least 5 OWLs
E (exceeds expectations) - sit and read at least 3 OWLs
A (acceptable) - sit and read at least 2 OWLs
P (poor) - sit and read 1 OWL
D (dreadful) - sit but not finish any OWLs
T (troll) - didn't show

Did you participate and are you participating in the next Magical Readathon? I can't wait to show you my TBR for my N.E.W.T.S. I'll share that closer to the beginning of August!

Adventure On, 
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment