Tuesday, July 30, 2019

#Mid-Year Book Freakout Tag

So yes, I know it’s now the end of July and I am just now posting this tag, but better late than never right? I wasn't tagged by anyone, but I liked reviewing my books from the first part of the year. Let’s just jump right in.

1. BEST BOOK YOU’VE READ SO FAR IN 2019?
This is so hard to narrow down to just the one, so I figured I would list the five books I have given 5 stars to so far this year.
* Where the Crawdad’s Sing – Delia Ownes
* Educated – Tara Westover
* Sometimes I Lie – Alice Feeney
* Sorcery of Thorns – Margaret Rogerson
* Otherearth – Jason Segel, Kristen Miller

2. BEST SEQUEL YOU’VE READ SO FAR IN 2019?
I have only read a handful of sequels so far this year. My favorite has to be Otherearth by Jason Segel and Kirsten Miller. I listened to this one on audiobook with my husband and we can’t wait for the next book in the series.

3. NEW RELEASE YOU HAVEN’T READ YET, BUT WANT TO?
There are so many that I have yet to read with such a lack of motivation and time this year. I am hoping to increase my reading time and get to all those books I have sitting on my shelves. I do know I will get to some new releases too.

4. MOST ANTICIPATED RELEASE FOR THE SECOND HALF OF 2019?
The Toll by Neal Shusterman is my most anticipated book for the rest of the year. I loved the first two in the Scythe trilogy and look forward to this last installment!

Girls of Storm and Shadow by Natasha Ngan is also on the top of my list. I loved Girls of Paper and Fire once I got into it.

5. BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT?
Aurora Rising by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman has to be my biggest disappointment. I was so hyped up for this one after the Illuminae files and everyone’s reviews that I thought I would love it. Unfortunately, it fell flat for me.

6. BIGGEST SURPRISE?
The Ice Cream Queen of Orchard Street by Susan Jane Gilman was the biggest surprise to me. I had never heard about this book, but it was recommended by a friend and fellow yogi. I really enjoyed it and suggest you give it a try!

7. FAVORITE NEW AUTHOR?
Margaret Rogerson is a new favorite for me. I look forward to picking up An Enchantment of Ravens.

8. NEWEST FICTIONAL CRUSH?
So, I don’t really crush on fictional characters so I don’t have an answer for this one. I am married to my amazing husband and that is my only crush (gasp I know)!

9. NEWEST FAVORITE CHARACTER?
I don’t know if I have one to be honest.

10. BOOK THAT MADE YOU CRY?
The Tattooist of Auschwitz by Heather Morris and The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah both made me cry. I am an emotional reader and get very invested in characters in my books. If you’ve not read either of those, do it, what are you waiting for?

11. BOOK THAT MADE YOU HAPPY?
The Kiss Quotient by Helen Hoang definitely made me leave feeling happy. It was a steamy, romantic, own-voices book that left one feeling satisfied. Remember though… this is an Adult book not Young Adult.

12. FAVORITE BOOK TO MOVIE ADAPTATION YOU SAW THIS YEAR?
So I don’t go to movies too often and I don’t think I have seen any new ones this year. However, I have re-watched Harry Potter and that is of course a great book to movie adaptation (even with the changes and missing content).

13. FAVORITE REVIEW YOU’VE WRITTEN THIS YEAR?
I am a bit behind on reviews and blogging in general. I am hoping to really pick this up for the rest of the year.

14. MOST BEAUTIFUL BOOK YOU’VE BOUGHT (OR RECEIVED) SO FAR THIS YEAR?
Crown of Feathers by Nicki Pau-Preto is one of the prettiest books I’ve gotten this year. I love all of the reds. This is still a book I need to read!

15. WHAT BOOKS DO YOU NEED TO READ BY THE END OF THIS YEAR?
Can I list them all? I need to read so many books that I have back listed, but the new shiny books are so enticing!

Have you done this tag? If so, please link below so I can check it out! Also, if you've read any of these books let me know what your thoughts were in the comments.

Adventure On, 
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment