Sunday, September 10, 2017

Review: The Warrior Heir

Title: The Warrior Heir
Author: Cinda Williams Chima
Page Count: 426
Genre: YA Fantasy
Controversial Topics: Segregation
Rating: 4/5

“Just remember who you are... The world will try to change you into someone else. Don't let them. That's the best advice anyone can give you.”

Summary
Jack thinks he’s just another nerdy kid doing his best to get through school. His main worry, making the soccer team. He never realized the world he was born into. Jack is a wizard or a warrior, who can really know with his experimental surgery and all.

First Thought
OMG, seriously!

So, it took me longer than it should have to read this book. I would read a few pages and get mad and not want things to happen so I would close the book and scream! I was happy to say I was in my car on lunch at work when I swore out loud. I knew something was happening with two of the characters, but I didn’t want to believe it.

This magical world was exactly what I needed. The two different roses fighting over a warrior was intriguing. The history of the families and the meaning behind the weapons were thrilling. I am excited to read the next book in the series.

This was recommended by a co-worker and was my first read by this author. I have already picked up the second and third books. However, I might need an emotional break from them first.


2 comments:

  1. Jesse read this book and didn't care for it. I don't even know if he finished it. Has always been on my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It made me angry at times. It's also a very simple and quick read. Writing wise, maybe not the most amazing, but I enjoyed the story.

      Delete