Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Tag Tuesday: #daysoftheweekinbooks

Happy #tagtuesday! I was tagged on Instagram by @growing_bookshelf to do the #daysoftheweekinbooks tag. Let me know in the comments what your week looks like. 
  • Monday (Too Lazy to Read): Afterworlds by Scott Westerfeld – I started reading this, but I just couldn’t get myself to actually get through the book. I don’t know if I wasn’t interested, or if the 599 pages overwhelmed me and I became much too lazy to finish it.
  • Tuesday (Emotionally Difficult): The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah – I shed a few tears throughout this book. I was prepared to be blown away by the story due to the hype of this book, which is very accurate. It deals with a difficult side of WWII and I think that anyone interested in historical fiction should read this one.
  • Wednesday (DNF’d): Projekt 1065: A Novel of World War II by Alan Gratz and Dan Bittner – I struggled to get as far as I did through this one. The characters are never really developed and the writing is difficult for me to enjoy. I felt like the spy aspect was very overdone and I was just not feeling it.
  • Thursday (Wouldn’t Recommend): After You by Jojo Moyes – I rated this one 2 stars. I just wasn’t impressed with it. I really enjoyed the first book in the series Me Before You, but this book just wasn’t necessary to me. I was excited and anxious to read the next installment, but I was sadly disappointed.
  • Friday (Anticipated Release): Wildcard by Marie Lu – I enjoyed Warcross  and I am excited to see where Emika goes next. Warcross left on such a huge cliff hanger, that I NEED to know what happens next. (release date: September 18,2018)
  • Saturday (Can’t Wait to Read): Never Fade (The Darkest Minds #2) by Alexandra Braken – I loved The Darkest Minds and I really want to see what happens in this world. The abilities are intriguing and the missions are intense. I just finished The Darkest Minds this year and I can’t wait to read the second one.
  • Sunday (Didn’t Want to End): Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling – Now this might seem cliché, but I honestly wish we could get another story in this world. I know we keep getting spin offs, but I’d love to see more of Hogwarts or even the other schools. I just really miss this world. This is the only book/series I have re-read multiple times.
Adventure On,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment